Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

Yesterday was Valentine's day. Honestly, it started out pretty crummy. Cory was having a garage sale, then his brother and his family showed up and stayed for a while, so by the time Cory got the garage sale cleaned up and was showered and ready to do anything, it was 3:30 PM. I was pretty pissed off because we had planned on going out and actually doing something together during the day...he was in charge of the day activity and I was in charge of dinner. So, after I blew off some steam and decided to just get over it, we cooked our dinner together and just relaxed. Dinner wasn't anything fancy...just roast chicken, hasselback potatoes, and a salad. But for dinner I decided to tackle creme brulee. I'd always wanted to make it so I figured it'd be a good dessert for Valentine's day. It actually turned out really well. I was pretty surprised. So we had that and strawberries with chocolate fondue while we watched "No Reservations". Probably sounds like a lame Valentine's day but it was actually perfect for us. We both were able to relax and just enjoy being together. Good times.

No comments: