Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Ta-Da!

I finally have most of Lucy's nursery put together. The crib is up, clothes are put away, and now all we need is our little girl to complete everything. I'm glad it's all ready for her but I still have another 3 1/2 weeks until she shows up so I'll have to keep myself busy with other projects.

BEFORE...


AFTER...


here's the cute letters my mom made to put above her bed

I stole the idea from my friend Amilee and made this bow board from an old picture frame, some fabric, and chicken wire

I found the vintage white lamp at a garage sale for just $2...it's probably one of my most favorite pieces in the room

we had this old chair in our house when we moved in and my mom got it recovered for us
Love it! And the table I bought for $20...it's just one of those old seventies style tables. I decided to paint and glaze it, topped it off with a goodwill vase and a cute little doily.

I absolutely love the way the nursery turned out. Cory was even sweet enough to let me put in new carpet and installed some crown molding to finish it off. Sometimes I just go and sit in there and think about how bizarre it feels to have a nursery in my home. We're both so excited for her to get here though so she can be the finishing touch on the room. Hurry and get here LucyAnn!

5 comments:

Terry and Heather said...

i love how it turned out!! So fun to be able to decorate a nursery! Good luck and hopefully she will get her a little early!

Aisling said...

WOW. That is very impressive. Looks like you've definitely been "nesting". Only 3 1/2 more weeks? She could come any day.
Good luck! I think Lucy will love her room. :)

Summer said...

Kiea, her room is sooo dang pretty and I love the color. Lucy is the cutest name ever :)

Mel said...

You are so crafty Kiea!! Holy cow!
The room looks great;-)
Can't wait to meet Lucy!

Unknown said...

It's beautiful!! Can't believe you're already 36 weeks! (though I'm sure you feel more than ready for her to come!) Can't wait to see pictures of her! :)