Sunday, October 3, 2010

LucyAnn is Finally Here!

LucyAnn Nicole McElprang
September 28th
11:29 PM
6 lbs 10 oz
21 1/2" long


Cory and I before she arrived



During the labor I came down with a fever and she seemed to get a little stuck, so she was under some stress. When she finally got here, I only got to hold her for just a minute before they took her off to the NICU to check her and make sure everything was ok.


Cory got to go with her down to the NICU.


They were concerned she might have an infection so they decided to put her on some antibiotics and oxygen in the NICU. So, we didn't get to have her in our hospital room at all and I didn't get to see her until the morning after she was born. Cory was FINALLY able to hold her the afternoon after she was born. 


Our first family picture (excuse my grossness!)


We came home on Thursday night and were lucky to bring our little Lucy home on Friday afternoon. We were SO happy to get her home and to be able to hold her without all her tubes and IVs.





Pappy, Nana Sue, Kenna, Kai, and auntie Cami were all so excited to have Lucy home too




Cory's dad came down from Pinetop so he could meet his new grandbaby.


We are ecstatic to have our little Lucy home and to be able to enjoy her sweet spirit. Every day she does something new and fun and cute and we just can't get enough of her. Even though she looks like a McElprang, I'm pretty sure she's got my personality...hence the inappropriate hand gesture. I'm sure that we will have many fun and eventful experiences with this little one and I just can't wait to see what's in store for our little family. Welcome home baby Lucy!

8 comments:

Jami Baker said...

Oh my goodness..... she is ADORABLE!!! I can't stand it!! Glad everything is OK and you two made it home!! I love the last picture with her finger. You are already teaching her that crap.... start 'em young!! :)

CowsIwin said...

She is adorable! Congratulations! If she takes after you then you better let me speak to her YW advisors before she becomes a Beehive! The Shreeves are a rowdy bunch, and I can say that from first hand experience!

Mel said...

Congratulations! She is adorable!
Glad everything went well and that you are all home! I can't wait to meet her!

Karen said...

Been waiting and waiting for you to post pictures here!! She is beautiful! Congrats, it's a lot of work but so worth it!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! She's a cutie. One of the first decent pictures we have as a family, Joseph's got a certain finger in play as well. Apparently, he was sick of that bright light that kept flashing in his face! Take all the pictures you can, inappropriate hand gestures or not because they grow up faster than you can imagine! Welcome to parenthood!

Ian and Kristen said...

she is SO adorable Kiea! I'm so glad that she's doing better and you're all at home now! Hope you're feeling good!

Meagan said...

Congratulations! She is so sweet! We're happy for you guys!

The Enchanted Mama said...

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! I absolutely love the last picture she is amazing bright and beautiful! I am so happy for you two. Good work! I'm sure you are just going to adore being parents! Probably the best thing ever!

P.S. Playdates? I'm always down for! he he