Friday, December 30, 2011

Tis The Season

My sweet friend Heather Lee kindly reminded me that I haven't updated my blog in a while. So, I figured I better update it before I get too far behind.

Like everyone else, we've been happily busy with the holidays...

The week of Thanksgiving my little brother Jake came home from his mission in Denmark. We are so happy to have him home, especially just before the holidays!  My Aunt Ria even came in from California to see him so we were all glad to have her here as well. 

Also Thanksgiving weekend, Cory's good friend Lance (basically his brother) had his sister visit from California. I had never met Becky and Cory hadn't seen her in years so it was a treat for us all to get together and to listen to them talk about memories with each other. 

After Thanksgiving we all started getting ready for Christmas. Lucy loved the cold weather and getting bundled up to walk the neighborhood and look at Christmas lights. 

And of course it just wouldn't be Christmas if we didn't visit the temple to look at their wonderful lights! 


A week or so before Christmas there was a big Christmas party at the clinic I work at. It was a family party so we took Kenna, Kai, and Goose with us. They got to meet Santa, have fun in a petting zoo, play with snow, and meet Bumblebee. It was a really fun time!






This year we were lucky enough to have Cory's parents come down from Pinetop to spend Christmas with us. Lucy adores her Grandma and Grandpa McElprang and it was fun to have them there when she opened her presents, especially now that she's getting older and actually likes opening up presents! 





The day after Christmas we headed down to Mexico for a few days of fun in the sun. After the busy holidays it was nice to get out of town and have some time to just fish, sit on the beach, eat some tacos, read a book, and RELAX! Lucy Absolutely loved the beach and would constantly point to the ocean and sign "more". She could not get enough of it! 







I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season as well! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.