Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Productive Morning

Today I decided that I needed to add some fall decor to my house. Yes, I understand it's only the beginning of September, but I'm dying for fall to arrive. So, I headed off to Michael's to attempt a cute wreath I saw on All Things Heart and Home. I opted not to put the lights on because the battery operated lights only come in sets of 10 lights, which would look lame. Instead, I'll add the lights when we get closer to Christmas (for me, putting up Christmas lights before Thanksgiving is perfectly acceptable). My wreath doesn't look quite as good as the one I saw online, but for me, a non-crafty girl, it turned out pretty good.

I also made some scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. I got the recipe from Vanilla Sugar. They were the most buttery, delicious chocolate chip cookies I've ever had. Before they even got in the oven I ate a couple scoops of dough. Mmm. Warm chocolate chip cookies and fall wreaths. If it weren't for the 103' temps outside, I would think it was November.

No comments: