Monday, August 31, 2009

The Boogie Oogie Man

This week my parents are out of town so Cory and I are watching Kenna and Kai. Since we live just down the street, we are able to sleep at our own place while we watch them. Cami, Jake, and Grandma are all at the house so once we put Kenna and Kai to bed we can just go home. This morning at 4:00 AM I got a phone call from Cami. She said that there was someone in the house walking around with a flashlight. I tried calling Jake who was asleep upstairs but his phone was off so he didn't wake up. So, I crawled out of bed and headed down there to see who it could be. As I'm walking down there I'm on the phone with Cami and she's telling me that whoever it is they are walking down the hall into her room. She's clearly freaking out (as I know I would do, too) and so I start running down the street to save her from this boogie man. I look through the windows in the house to see if I can see anyone but nothing looks out of the ordinary. So I knock on the front door really loud and fast and suddenly, a dark, short, speedy little boy runs across the front room and up the stairs. It seems that Kai woke up and decided to go exploring through the house. He had been through grandma's and all over my parent's side of the house with his little flash light. Needless to say, neither Cami nor myself were very happy with his little expedition. But we were relieved to confirm that there were no robbers or boogie men walking through the house.

3 comments:

ashley and wes said...

OH my word... that is so funny. i was reading it freaking out that someone was REALLY walking around in your house!!! so funny that kai was just out exploring :) thats awesome!!

K, it took me a while to get myself to read the twilight series too (mainly, just bc i thought it would be stupid).. but i got hooked too... all i did was stay up all night and READ!!! i cant wait for the movie :) ( i still like the books better )!

Ian and Kristen said...

That is so funny! Although you probably didn't think so at the time!

Mel said...

Oh my gosh, that would have freaked me out too! Poor Cami!