Thursday, November 5, 2009

Painting and Getting Ready for the Holidays

So lately I've been getting these urges to redo my entire house. Thankfully Cory is my voice of reason and keeps me limited on what I can do...otherwise my house would probably be completely torn apart right now. I started by painting a couple of the doors in our hallway (all of the doors in our house are this ugly old 70s wood...I'd buy new doors but it's easier just to paint them). I've only done 3/5 hallway doors so far but already it's brightened up the hall.

Once I finished a couple of doors I turned my attention to this little writing desk we have in our entry. I've had it for as long as I can remember but have never really loved it. So, I grabbed some leftover white paint and went at it. It actually turned out really cute and brightened up the corner quite a bit.



Next, I decided to tackle the ugly wood hutch in our front room. I contemplated just buying a new hutch but this one was free, so I figured I'd try painting it before I gave in and bought a new one. I must stay that I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out.

BEFORE


AFTER


On another note, I am getting ready to start pulling out the Christmas decorations. I know, Halloween was just a few days ago, but if you know my Mom then you know it's in my blood to take advantage of the Christmas season as long as possible. So, this week I put up my first Christmas decoration, a cute Japanese nativity set that my little brother Jake surprised me with. I came home last week and there it was, sitting on my kitchen counter with the sweetest little note. He's such a stud and I am so sad but excited for him to leave for the MTC in a couple of weeks. Now I have this cute little nativity to make me think of him whenever I see it. Thanks Jake!

5 comments:

ashley and wes said...

Kiea!!! Way to go on your house!!! It's so fun to decorate and make things "your own" ya know?!!
I love the Japanese Nativity set, it's so neat!
PS. i just put my christmas stuff up TONIGHT !!! Im so THRILLED!!! (WES thinks im loco! )

Mel said...

Good job! The desk and hutch look great!
I'm with you on the Christmas decorations, I'm ready to get mine out as well!
PS...Can Jake be my brother too?

Terry and Heather said...

Hey Bffer,
Your so cute and good and decorating things! I wish I was more like that.. BTW you need to change your about you on the right side of your blog.. You have been married well over 1 year now.

Love ya Heather

Lindsay Shreeve said...

That hutch looks awesome!!! I LOVE it! What a great brother you have, that was so sweet!

The Smiths said...

Your hutch turned out so adorable!