Tuesday, February 8, 2011

cold day remedy

Last week it was unusually cold for Arizona weather. So, what better way to warm up than some yummy corn chowder? I LOVE this corn chowder recipe from Vanilla Sugar. It is unbelievably easy and absolutely delicious! Definitely not a diet friendly chowder but I'm ok with that.

I think some homeade croutons taste extra yummy on a rich soup like this. My favorite homeade croutons are made with these yummy brown rolls from Wal-Mart

Just dice them up into a size you like

Drizzle with some yummy olive oil and sprinkle with some good kosher salt, pepper, and garlic powder

Then roast in the oven until brown and toasty. Sprinkled on top of soup adds a delicious crunch!

This has become one of my most favorite soups. It is so easy to make and I adore sweet potatoes. MMMmmmm!

2 comments:

Mel said...

MMMMM, that sounds delicious!!

Aisling said...

That looks GOOD! I'll have to try it.